Monday, January 3, 2011

mgahinga xmas

This was my first Christmas away from home. A few buddies of mine and I thought that if we couldn't be home for the holidays then we might as well go out and do something totally different than the traditional Xmas.

We ultimately decided to climb the Virungas, a chain of stand-alone volcanoes that act as a natural boundary between Rwanda, The Democratic Republic of Congo, and Uganda.

It was definitely unlike anything I had ever done before, for Christmas or otherwise. The climb was physically more challenging than anything I can remember, but it was also one of the most memorable, rewarding things I've done since being here.

Below are some of the pictures from my holiday adventure with Jake, Devon, and Cowboy Dave. Thanks for reading, and I hope all of you had as great a holiday as I did.

1 comment:

  1. Those pics are INSANE!!!

    I was really hoping to see a pre-crater-lake-dive-in frontal picture with a huge vertical black censor box and a post-crater-lake-dive-in frontal picture with a significantly shorter vertical black censor box (ps this is Sean in case the name comes up as Emily . . . don't want you getting any ideas)

    ReplyDelete